Time to knock the train off the rails

1 year, 11 months ago, mid-afternoon

Even though I promised I would do no such thing, I ended up sitting around with the husband to catch the election results last night. I had EVERY INTENTION of playing Resident Evil 6 and waiting for the final announcement on the other side of all the drama, but something about hot butter rum and NBC’s shiny graphics kept me glassy-eyed and glued.

I am not gonna lie: I almost cried with relief when Obama won … and that’s all I’ll say on the subject.*

Anyway. Moving right along.

I’ve randomly chosen five winners for the ARC giveaways, and at this point, I’ve emailed all five to ask for snail mail addresses. I’ve heard from two, and if I don’t hear from the rest by Monday, I’ll pick someone else. Nothing personal, but I’ve got work to do – and if I don’t get these mailed off next week, God knows when it’ll get done.

And I want these things out of my office.

In other news, I’m about to leave town yet again – but not for the tour, not quite yet. No, first up is the Dahlonega Literary Festival this coming weekend, where you can catch me and a whole host of other writers hanging around the historic town square. So if I’m slow with the emails or updates, I do hope you can forgive me.

Speaking of – next week I’m setting off on this year’s book tour for The Inexplicables! Click here to see if I’m coming to your area – and if so, then I do hope you’ll come out to see me. I’m happy to sign books (any of them, not just the one I’m touring for), and I will no doubt leave a trail of signed books in my wake at these various stores – for I usually sign all the stock they’ll give me. So you holiday shoppers out there … heads up!

I’m just saying.

* People who post hateful screeds and/or try to start fights will find their comments deleted and themselves blocked. I don’t barge into your house and show my ass; don’t come to my place and do likewise. It’s not polite. And it’s a shame about this footnote, but last night’s FB firestorm drove home the fact that I need to put it here.

Comments

• David says on: November 7, 2012 at 4:52 pm

So, your thoughts on Resident Evil 6? I think it’s underrated, though I did prefer the balance of action to quicktime events in RE 5.

• Cherie says on: November 7, 2012 at 4:54 pm

We’re not terribly far into it yet; so far, I think it’s serviceably entertaining, but wow – very derivative of other games. It’s like the took a bad risk on 5, and thought they’d play it safe for 6 by ripping off whatever else is popular right now.

Which is not to say that I think it’s bad, because I don’t. But it has a very “everything but the kitchen sink” feel to it.

• Fluffycat says on: November 7, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Didn’t see anything on your schedule for Lonestarcon/Worldcon next year… hope you are considering possibly going. I had actually dragged one of your books to Chicon7 hoping I’d get you to sign it and you would have been a great addition to the Wild Cards panel they had there.

• Cherie says on: November 7, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Not thinking that far ahead yet. Too much to do between now and then to say … and I’m sorry I missed the WC panel! Believe me, I would’ve loved to have been there.

• Gavin says on: November 8, 2012 at 5:56 am

Hmm… no Asia on the list…

Not surprising, its a long journey here, and I have NOT seen a single store that carries your books. Have to get them imported from overseas, which is a pretty huge pain.

A shame the Clockwork Century series is not sold here… The bookstores here are cluttered with mainstream stuff.

• KC says on: November 8, 2012 at 9:30 am

Hi!! I would like to welcome you to Chattanooga! You are cordially invited to the Christmas party on Dec 8th, hosted by 4 of the local conventions, including chattacon.. We are looking forward to seeing you!

• Christina Booth says on: November 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I can’t believe you’re going to be in Michigan and I won’t be around. I live in Flint and Lansing is a couple of hours away from me, but as it would turn out I’m actually in CHICAGO right now because of, you know, college and stuff (damn college) so I guess I’ll miss out.

I hope there’s a chance you’ll come to Chicago at least but then I’ll probably be back in Michigan by then. Stupid college!