Time and gravity followed you here

1 year, 9 months ago, mid-afternoon

So I’m back! From Denver, I mean – and from the convention-induced blogging hiatus, because woo boy howdy, I was scheduled out the wazoo. And that was fine; I’d rather have places to be and things to do than find myself dangling at loose ends – and I had a wonderful time meeting new people, chilling with old friends, and hanging out with people I’ve known online for years (but had never met in meatspace).

I’d compile a list, but that would look douchey and I’m guaranteed to accidentally leave someone out. Suffice it to say, MileHiCon was marvelous – and I’d recommend it to absolutely anyone as guest or attendee. The worst gripe I could muster is that the hotel internet wasn’t very good, so you KNOW it was a hell of a time.

So. Yes. Now I’m back in Tennessee, playing catch-up and running errands and getting ready for the next things on the list. To wit, that includes a whole lot of laundry and email, some grocery shopping, and a jaunt out to the election commission for early voting.

[Aside: Wouldn't it be great if those little "I VOTED!" stickers had some kind of microchip in them - something allowing early ballot-droppers to skip all the campaign ads? Well, I think it'd be great. See also: I wish there was a threshold for donating to PBS, and after you've given them X-AMOUNT OF MONEY or for example A CAR you're not subjected to their fundraiser programming for a certain period of time. Anyway. If wishes were fishes, etc.]

In other news, today I got my very first shiny new copy of The Inexplicables in the mail, courtesy of the Mighty and Powerful Liz. I also got a few extra (somewhat less shiny) Advanced Reader Copies of the same … and now I have to figure out how to get rid of them. Raffle? Silent auction to benefit charity? Random number generator?

I’m taking suggestions.

But for now I need to log off and make myself some supper/do some housework/settle in for the night. I have to get up early in the morning. Long story. But I did want to let everyone know that I’m still alive.

And in closing: kittygram.

Comments

• Pete Miller says on: October 25, 2012 at 3:42 pm

You could send those ARCs to the first to reply to this post :)

Either way, I can’t wait to read Inexplicables as Ganymede was fantastic!

• Jenna Bird says on: October 26, 2012 at 2:43 pm

It was super great to finally meet you. Which I typo’d as “meat”, just now… I will be stealing “meatspace” – it goes well with my use of “meatsuit”.

I’m excited and looking forward to how you handle those ARCs. RNG was the best suggestion I could muster and still be fair.

• Raymond M. Rose says on: October 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I’m with Pete! He sounds like he knows what he’s talking about.

• Michael Carnell says on: October 29, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Better yet, give one to the 4th person to comment on your blog who also just friended you on GoodReads! ;) Ok, sorry, that is just blatant sucking up.

Was just looking at your calendar. You have a very busy November coming up! I was hoping you were coming to YALLFEST in Charleston, SC, but I knew that hope was in vain. Also because it is more a Young Adult literary festival and doesn’t as much fit with your writing.

OK, back to looking at your work and all you do as inspiration for NaNoWriMo. Thanks for the role-modeling!

• Christina Booth says on: November 1, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Or you can hand out one to the fifth commenter? Bonus points for bumping the topic? Hmmm?

Seriously, the cover looks great. I try not to be seduced by the ever glowing glossiness of covers but I fail each time. I may even have a small collection of books in a box somewhere at the back of my closet that exists solely for the reason of being pretty. Shame on me, I know.

May I ask a question though, Cherie? I’m terribly sorry if it’s been asked before–I’m sure it has–but is there any specific reason that the text in your books is sepia colored? Is it more expensive do to a color that isn’t black? (again, probably preaching to the choir but…)

• Cherie says on: November 2, 2012 at 6:30 am

Hey there – and as for the question, Christina, if there’s any good reason for the brown text beyond “it looks cool” … I’m unaware of it. I didn’t even know about it until I got my author copies for Boneshaker.

So it’s just one of those publishing mysteries, I suppose …

• Christina Booth says on: November 2, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Ah, I see. I was under the impression that it was something you got to choose yourself. Hey! You can’t beat…(insert something clever here…which I can’t)

Yep, another publishing mystery. That world is going to be quite interesting if I ever step my foot into it, no doubt.