Practice Safe Writing

2 years, 6 months ago, in the evening

GO HUSBAND GO OMG YOU GUYS LOOKIT WHAT I GOT.

The husband had it special ordered/customized (yes it’s a real bulletproof vest) for Christmas, but it was delayed a bit and it finally arrived and you had better bet your sweet patootie that I will wear the ever-living CRAP out of this thing.

Not just to sci-fi conventions OH HELLS NO. I will bust out this bad-boy for DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS and HOUSEWORK. For that matter ARE ANY OF MY FRIENDS GETTING MARRIED SOON?

Oh my God, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY, SOMEONE CALL ME UP FOR JURY DUTY.

Comments

• Jeffrey W. Dern says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Oo! Come to my wedding and wear it!! :D

• Jack Cleverly says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

There’s a reason why we love you. Murphy is going to make me buy one of these for her someday.

• Tez Miller says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm

It may be bulletproof, but is it cat-fur-proof? ;-)

• Cherie says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Cat-fur proof in the sense that the cat is horrified by all the Velcro. The sound of it absolutely appalls her.

• Chris says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:26 pm

Where, exactly, did he get it?

• Jenna says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm

So much awesomeness right there. I hope to hear all sort of stories about antics in this vest.

• Cherie says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I don’t know. It’s the real deal – he ordered it from some official law enforcement supply type place, then sent it off to be customized, I believe.

• Lee says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm

My 11-year old daughter is the biggest little Castle fan in the world. She’s seen every episode enough times to describe them in detail, by episode title even. She nearly wet herself when I showed her that.

• 7Nina says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Want to come to my wedding?

• Deirdre says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm

LOVE IT!!! Your hubs is rad!

• SharonS says on: January 23, 2012 at 7:38 pm

So, we’ll see you strutting that bad boy at Phoenix Comicon this year?

• Casz Brewster says on: January 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Those do get pretty heavy fairly quickly. But, it could be a great “work out” buddy.

• Mary Alice Kropp says on: January 23, 2012 at 8:35 pm

WANT!

• Angela Korra'ti says on: January 23, 2012 at 10:08 pm

*loses it laughing*

I am, at this very minute, reading my birthday present: the Derrick Storm graphic novel, adapted from the works of our very own Richard Castle.

The timing, it is a thing of staggering beauty!

• Kent Whittington says on: January 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I always thought the vest was the coolest. I’m like you; if I had one I would wear the hell out of it. Ironically, I actually have jury duty coming up on January 30th. I’ll be thinking about this the entire time I’m there. :-)

• Amber Cuadra says on: January 23, 2012 at 11:40 pm

This is epic. I want one!!

• Vicki B. says on: January 24, 2012 at 6:17 am

Aww. The kitty is so CUTE in that picture.
    I just love her.

• ceola says on: January 24, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Oh its just like the character-Richard Castle- wears in the TV show Castle!!!
    awesome

• Vicki B. says on: January 25, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Your kitty is like mine. She practically jumps out of her fur when she hears noises like velcro, sweepers and hair dryers.
    She runs out of the room whenever I sweep, goes into the bathroom and hides behind the shower curtain.

• Patrick says on: January 26, 2012 at 12:55 am

Sooooo; I’m gonna take a wild guess and say
    “Castle Fan” ?
    That is sooo awesome!
    Also; love your series, wish you were in Portland More, my girlfriend and I have missed you every time you’re in the area!

Might you be at Steam Con next year?