First, thanks a million to everyone for all the congrats, well-wishes, and all-around good cheer! I wish I could respond to you all individually, but by my best count – between internet comments and email – I’ve received over 3000 messages today. And no, I’m not quitting my day job,* where we’ve hit crunch time (so I’m rather snowed under from several sides at once).
But! I do want you all to know how much I appreciate your friendly sentiments! And I also want to take a moment to thank my agent, Jennifer Jackson – a.k.a. my Bottle Rocket of Fiery Justice; and likewise I want to thank Boneshaker‘s editor, Liz Gorinsky, who truly went above and beyond to make that book the best it could be – and to sent it out into the world with a bang!
And now, before I settle in with a celebratory beverage and a little bit of Batman … let me answer a few of the early bird FAQs:
* Can we see the official press release? Sure! It’s right here!
* When will this movie thing come out? I have no idea!
* Who will star in it? Nobody knows yet!
* Are you writing the script? No! This nice gent is!
* Will you otherwise be involved with production? Not to my knowledge!
* Don’t you know that Hollywood will change your material? Yes! I do! Life goes on!
* Is this the news you’ve been hinting at all this time? Yes!
* Is there other news yet to come? Yes! But it’s not related to this news, and it won’t be public for awhile yet!
* Hammer Films? Will Christopher Lee be in it? I can only dream!
* But what has Hammer done lately? A very damn cool thing or two!
Okay – well, yes. Those were the most prominent queries of the afternoon, though I’m sure I’ll have more to add to the list as time goes by. I’ll absolutely keep you updated with all the particulars that are fit to blog, you may rest assured of that.
But for now, Arkham City is queuing up and I need to get off the internet for a bit for the sake of my sanity. So all of you, everywhere, please have a most excellent evening – and thanks again. Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. Thanks for being so amazingly supportive.
Thanks for everything.
* Though as a point of fact, it’s contract work; I’ll be done around Christmas.