Today I did a few loads of laundry in advance of this weekend’s travel to Wild Wild West Con in Tucson,* so once again my drawers are fully stocked – and tomorrow I can plot what I plan to wear while out of town. I need to know precisely what I’m dealing with from a packing standpoint.
I can often bend space and time with one rolly carry-on, no lie; but in case for some reason I can’t change the laws of physics to suit my whims, I have no problem wearing extra stuff onto the damn plane.
Lest you think I’m joking, I have gone through security wearing (no shit) two fluffy cotton skirts plus crinolines, three shirts, a vest, a sweater, tights, and two pairs of socks. Do I always get a pat-down and a time-out in the radioactive phone booth? Sure. Do I care? No. Take your peek, get your jollies, and let me put my shoes back on.
I’m not shy. And I’m not checking a bag.
I am, however, posting links before I post today’s (none too impressive) word counts. Behold:
- Born This Way – I watched Lady Gaga’s new video with no small amount of fascination, not least of all because she keeps pulling improbable objects from her hoo-hah like it’s a magician’s hat.
- Speaking of hats: I give you Cat Helmet -It’s a picture of my cat sleeping on my husband’s head. It cracked me up and made me go “awwww!” so now I share it with you.
- Immodest link is immodest – Mostly I’m just chuffed that there’s a Tampa Steampunk community of any sort. I know it was hard as hell to be a goth when I was in Tampa; maybe being a steampunk is easier. It still involves wearing a lot of layers, but generally speaking, not so much black. And less melt-able makeup. Carry on, peeps. Keep fighting the good fight, and don’t forget that some of those goggles make kick-ass sunglasses.
- Bloodshot gets a heck of a review – It’s not all good, but it’s mostly good, and I appreciate that the reader went to such trouble, and gave the book so much thought. That’s not an easy thing to do, as I know all too well from experience.
- i09 looks forward to Bloodshot – Which is only funny because the book is already out. Not that I’m complaining! Anytime i09 wants to recommend me for anything, I am all up on it. I just don’t want people to be sitting around, all dying with anticipation and everything…when the book is readily available right this moment, y’all.
- Dreadnought likewise sees some digital action – Courtesy of the Laaaadies (and books) blog. Many thanks to the laaaadies, and I hope you have fun with the other books in the franchise, too.
All righty. Now that I’ve gotten the links out of my system, here are today’s stats. Don’t get your hopes up. The numbers will only disappoint you. (Still, not the worst figures I’ve posted as of late. Slow and steady wins the race, or that’s the word on the street.)
Deadline: September 15, 2011
New words written: 1341
Present total word count: 7194 words
* Which for some reason, I can never spell correctly on the first try.