April 7, 2010

I won’t bore you by cataloging how many 12-hour work days I’ve managed in the last 2 weeks, but I will bore you with the following — Bloodshot is now a 110,000-word manuscript. I removed about 7,000 words and wrote about 23,000 new ones to create that final count.

Tomorrow and the next day I need to make sure that my rewrites actually work, and that means combing through the whole thing one last time with my editor’s notes in hand (they’re in hard-copy form, so I’ll do them side-by-side with my WORD doc). The whole shebang has to go back to NYC by Saturday.

In other words I’m not done yet, but I will be soon.

Leave Your Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>