April 4, 2010

4 years, 7 months ago, in the early afternoon

Today this was announced.
Boneshaker has been nominated for a Hugo Award. And I honestly have no idea what to say.

So I’ll just post this, and then resume running around my apartment in utter hysterics: Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who voted to nominate me. I am honored, shocked, amazed, befuddled, overjoyed, thrilled, and humbled to be counted among the nominees; and congratulations to everyone else who made the list. It is a privilege and a delight to be included in such outstanding company.

Also, I must add a separate, serious, hearty bonus round of fist-bumps and high fives to my editor at Tor, Liz Gorinsky — who has also been nominated (Best Editor, Long Form). For the record, she is amazing. And I’m not just saying that because my first novel was her first acquisition, back in 2004. Or because she also edited Boneshaker. I’m saying it because she’s amazing.

Hot damn, y’all. What a long, strange trip it’s been…

Comments

• Meg says on: April 4, 2010 at 3:13 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so excited, a nominee I can REALLY get behind. :) It’s so well-deserved. I’ll have to go read the others now, but at least I know who I want to win… Congrats again!!

• Izanobu/Annie says on: April 4, 2010 at 4:36 pm

Hey, was great to meet you on Friday! Congrats on the Hugo nomination, good luck :)

• Sean the Blogonaut says on: April 4, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Congratulations. Does this mean you will tour the southern hemisphere.

• Cherie says on: April 4, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Thanks so much you guys! And Sean, I wish I could – but can’t afford it this year. One of these days, though. Eh? :)

• Rafael Fabre says on: April 4, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Congratulations, madam! Quite glad to see the nomination for your excellent work!

• Matt N Johnson says on: April 4, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Congratulations! I just saw this in Boing Boing!

Great news and you so totally deserve it!

• Kat says on: April 4, 2010 at 8:16 pm

And so well-deserved! Congrats Cherie! So wonderful for you. Boneshaker is an amazing book, and as I said, the nomination is, IMHO, well-deserved.

• Imzadi Dragonfly says on: April 4, 2010 at 9:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! And thank Steve. When I would tell people your book had been nominated for a Nebula I would occasionally stumble ands say Hugo. Maybe somehow, someway I knew the Hugo nomination was coming too. Or I just can’t keep the awards straight. Who knows.

I just finished Boneshaker this week. It’s a wonderful story and I’m looking forward to more. Again, Congratulations.

• WaywardScooterGirl says on: April 4, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Congratulations! Well deserved.

• Rob Root says on: April 5, 2010 at 8:47 am

Gratz on the nomination! Boneshaker was my favorite on the list, and a well deserved nomination.

• Chris Adolph says on: April 6, 2010 at 2:03 am

Congratulations! Very happy for you, and glad to see you recognized.

• James Floyd Kelly says on: April 6, 2010 at 6:10 am

Congratulations, Cherie… as someone who saw the book on the shelves and grabbed it after reading the back cover, the nomination is well deserved. Loved the book immensely.

• Roger says on: April 6, 2010 at 9:28 am

Well, Boneshaker is damned fine novel. It deserves to be recognized as such. Congratulations.

• Ed says on: April 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm

Congratulations. You deserve the nomination.

• Greyweather says on: April 6, 2010 at 9:11 pm

Absolutely fantastic news! Boneshaker is definitely my pick. Good luck, I’ll be rooting for you.

• Cherie says on: April 17, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Thanks so much everyone – and I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. For some reason or another, my website has quit sending me comment alerts. Drat it. But yes! thank you so much!

• John H says on: May 4, 2010 at 9:34 am

Conga-rats, Cherie! Seriously, though — well deserved. Boneshaker is teh awesome…