- Tor.com offering 30% off in honor of Steampunk month — 30-percent off a whole slew of steampunk titles including Boneshaker and a bunch of books from other publishers, too. Go check out the list! See if there’s anything you’ve been thinking about maybe taking a chance on. There’s no time like the present.
- Speaking of steampunk: LEVIATHAN — Scott Westerfeld’s latest is absolutely KILLER and if you have even the most passing, remote interest in the genre, you should absolutely pick this up. He’s a marvelous writer and this is an exceptional story in every way.
- Speaking of great books, LIAR is out now too — By Justine Larbalestier, and it now has a spiffy new cover (which is exceptionally awesome — and I’m not just saying that because I’m on a black and green kick). This young adult thriller is smart, wicked, sneaky, and cool, and you simply must give it a look.
- Get books signed by yours truly via the University Book Store — Click that-there link for details, instructions, suggestions, and whatnot. And many thanks to Duane Wilkins, without whom this wouldn’t be possible.
- A tiny name-check from the Seattle Times — Which elicited a tiny woot! from me when I saw it.
- My sister the foodie and poetry nerd — She’s started her own blog, finally. She’s vegetarian, she’s prone to experimenting, and she gushes and crushes on dead authors between recipes. It’s kind of awesome, and I say that even though (a). I’m not vegetarian and (b). poetry is not so much my thing.*
* Yes, yes. Bad English major, I know.