- Once more, with feeling. I know I just redid my main page the other day, but I wasn’t “feeling it.” So I’ve given it a new look — something glossy, pretty, and a little weird. It pleases me. I think I’ll keep this one for awhile.
- Blood of the Muse really liked Fathom. This guy’s reviews are always fun and spoiler-free, and I’m not just saying that because he’s said very nice things about my books.
- Boneshaker preorders. Over the weekend, I received half a dozen emails asking if it was all right to pre-order Boneshaker from Amazon.com. Let me be the first to reassure you: it’s absolutely okay! I know the listing is naked, but that is the listing. The book’s release date is a long ways off, but if you’re one of those folks who loves the suspense, well, don’t let me stop you …
- 40-Foot Steampunk Spider. The husband sent me this link, earlier this afternoon. “Although the Expo Y150 festivities are not scheduled to officially begin until the end of April, the enormous steampunk spiders could be seen prowling the Yokohama waterfront this weekend.”
In other news … here’s recent progress on the battlefield adventure about a widowed nurse from a Confederate hospital aboard a west-bound train pulled by a Union war engine — now with military intrigue, steampunk Texas rangers, undead political separatists, murderous plots, bushwackers, bandits, sabotage, and epic scenes of mayhem:
New Words: 1728 (not great — that’s a weekend total)
Present Total Word Count: 13,083 words
Goal: 100,000 words
Observations: I’m relieved to be writing Mercy away from the hospital. Two chapters of Civil War ER was just about all I could take; too much more, and even the most casual readers might start slitting their wrists from all the gruesome woe.
Things Accomplished in Real Life: Made some healthy progress on the day job project; spent a couple hours on the phone with an editor regarding a project about which I’m not yet allowed to squee; that’s about it, really.
Reason for Stopping: I’m completely exhausted. Allergies are keeping me up all night with BreathingFail, and I’ve sucked down enough pills to choke a pony … which helps … some … but leaves me wiped out and stoned. I fervently hope that the aforementioned editor didn’t think I was completely lit. But three Benedryls, two Zyrtecs, and two heavy-duty decongestants will make a girl a little spacey.*
* But at least they let her BREATHE.