cat self-liberates from bag

5 years, 6 months ago, in the evening

I was going to keep this loosely under my hat — which is to say, it’d been leaked, and it’d appeared elsewhere on the ‘net, but I wasn’t going to make a show of it over here until there was a final product and/or official word. But then I said to myself, “Self, why should I keep mum while everyone else gets to show off the preliminary cover of Boneshaker?”

Because that’s totally what the “it” in question refers to. And furthermore, that link will totally take you to a preorder page at Amazon. I didn’t even know such a page existed, though sadly, it’s merely a shell — not even a wee little gif or jpeg.

So what will this novel look like, once it’s in your hot little hands? Well, I’ll show you.
But you’ll have to click the link below:

cherie_priest-Boneshaker

Disclaimer: This is still being tweaked and adjusted. End results may vary slightly. But DAMN. It’s a sharp-looking tome, ain’t it? The artwork was created by the insanely talented Jon Foster.

And for what it’s worth, it is my understanding that the Amazon.com projected release date of October 13 is roughly accurate. If I turn out to be wrong on that point (or any other) I’ll make it very loud and public here, when things are confirmed.

Comments

• Cyndy Otty says on: April 15, 2009 at 8:13 pm

Unless I’m missing it – the only link just leads to your Flickr, dear.

• Cherie says on: April 15, 2009 at 8:14 pm

The link in the word “Boneshaker” above. Is a link to the amazon preorder page :)

• Cyndy Otty says on: April 15, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Yeah, I realized that right after hitting “Send.” I r srmt. :)

• Matt Staggs says on: April 15, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Wow!

• JS Bangs says on: April 15, 2009 at 9:00 pm

Holy wow, that a fantastic cover. I’m in love.

• Anna the Piper says on: April 15, 2009 at 9:02 pm

Right on! Looking forward to this, most definitely. :)

• Alana Abbott says on: April 15, 2009 at 9:08 pm

That’s a *gorgeous* cover!

• C. S. Inman says on: April 15, 2009 at 9:49 pm

I think that’s one of my favorite covers I’ve ever seen, so I hope they don’t change it too much. The way the font sweeps overhead, the low saturation except the brass goggles… that’s fantastic.

Merely the COVER pushes all MY buttons. ;)

• Harry Connolly says on: April 15, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Wow! That’s a blast!

Congrats on the great cover.

• Abbie says on: April 15, 2009 at 11:37 pm

Oh, that is beautiful!

• Tim Akers says on: April 16, 2009 at 8:40 am

That’s spectacular! Jon Foster did my cover, too. He seems to be the go-to guy for awesome steampunk goodness.

• Doug Knipe [SciFiGuy] says on: April 16, 2009 at 9:13 am

I first spotted the cover on Irene Gallo’s blog, but didn’t realize it wasn’t the final. It is a gem and I am so looking forward to this.

• Chris says on: April 16, 2009 at 10:28 am

Sweet googly-moogly, that’s a beautiful cover!

• Jeff P. says on: April 16, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Very, VERY cool. Why, you having your own goggles and all, you could have posed for it yourself.

• Matt says on: April 17, 2009 at 7:20 pm

To quote my man BIlly Ocean… Simply Awesome.

• Wil says on: April 18, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I just wanted to make everyone jealous:

I already got to read this! Nyaah! Nyaah! It’s awesome! Nyahh! Nyahh! OMG I loved it so much and I can’t believe you have to wait until October, but it’s going to be so worth it because holy shit Boneshaker.

Also, Cherie, this is a beautiful cover. I hope you’re prepared to sign a million of these when they come out.

• Zeek Duff says on: April 18, 2009 at 5:55 pm

Wow, the cover art makes me want to see the movie! Quick, someone start on the screenplay, Will… Then you WILL have something for WILL to brag about, Will! :) Me, jealous of lucky talented people with lucky talented friends. Marvelous tho…

• Jason says on: April 20, 2009 at 11:34 am

This looks/sounds incredible… Any chance of an ebook release as well?

• Cherie says on: April 20, 2009 at 2:37 pm

Thanks everybody! And Jason, I have no idea … but there are talks of an audio podcast in the works …