I took the day off, and I spent it by myself — slushing through the after-Christmas sales, and entertaining myself with cheap doo-dads and lunch. I probably shouldn’t have spent the money, but it was relaxing; and since finishing Draft Zero of Clementine, I really needed the downtime. Oh well. I regret nothing. And now I give you bullets.
- Fathom at Amazon. Naturally, the first Amazon review is filled to the brim with “meh.” But if anyone who read the book enjoyed it, and if Amazon will let you,* I’m not above begging for public commentary.
- Those Who Went Remain There Still builds up steam. Whoever this speculative fiction junkie may be, I am tremendously grateful to him/her for the kind sentiments.
- A very Florida Christmas. Click to go see shots from my holiday vacation, though please pardon my general, “Oh God, I’ve just spent a week with my family” ragged-out appearance.
- Cool vintage family photos. As has been pointed out by assorted internet commenters, my grandmother looked like a young Milla Jovovich, my mom was a hottie, and I now have my own shot of early 19th century nurses. I have more pictures to scan in later, but I don’t have time to do it right now. Stay tuned.
* Several people have emailed to say that Amazon wouldn’t let them leave a review, usually for some derivative of the reason, “You didn’t buy it from us” — even though at least two of the emailers did, in fact, order the book from Amazon. So. Yeah. I don’t know what to say to that.